Friday, February 4, 2011

Did You Ever Want To Shoot Your TV?

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO RECALL THE DAYS BEFORE CABLE NEWS, THAT TIME WHEN THE PUBLIC WAS CONSTANTLY BOMBARDED BY THE THE ONLY 3 NETWORKS--NBC, CBS AND ABC CONTROLLED THE AIR WAYS AND NO DISSENTING VOICES WHERE EVER HEARD ON THE BOOB TUBE.  OFTEN I JUST TURNED IT OFF, BUT OCCASIONALLY I THOUGHT ABOUT SHOOTING THE DAMN THING; BUT RECOILED FROM THAT KNOWING I COULD NOT WATCH THE NEXT EPISODE OF "GUN SMOKE" OR "BONANZA".  FINALLY AFTER MANY YEARS OF ANGUISH "FOX NEWS" AND A FEW OTHERS CAME ON TV AND I BECAME CONTENT KNOWING I COULD SWITCH THE CHANNEL AND HEARD SOME COMMON SENSE. BUT NOW, WITH THE UNFOLDING EVENTS IN EGYPT, NO MATTER WHAT CHANNEL I TURN ON IT'S THE SAME WITH NO DISSENTING VOICES TO BE HEARD.  THE HERD MENTALITY HAS AGAIN GRIPPED THOSE IN THE MANY NETWORKS AND AGAIN I "WANT TO SHOOT MY TV"!!!

Bookmark and Share

8 comments:

Sandee said...

Not anymore. We disconnected cable and don't have television. If we want to watch a movie we go rent one. We just don't have to listen to anything we don't want to listen to.

Have a terrific day. :)

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

That's why we visit others blogs ...

Teresa said...

That's why I haven't been watching the news as much lately. I visit blogs and traverse the great internet for the news.

ArthurRex12 said...

Glenn Beck has been good about giving a dissenting voice on Egypt. He's not one to believe that the protests are all happy and nice attempts at Egypt implementing a democracy.

hbl said...

Don't shoot! Think of the episodes of "I love Lucy" you'll miss. Actually, if it's bearing down on you, just take a break and focus on your own core values for a few days.

christian soldier said...

thank God for the clickers-I don't have to get up from my seat to turn off the MSM or 'presentations' by bho-I just --CLICK -
Saves a perfectly good TV--(-:
Carol-CS

Matt said...

For me, blogs have become the biggest source of news.

banned said...

I got rid of my TV some years ago because it's full of rubbish.
If I want to see a film or TV show I steal it from the internet and, if it's any good, then buy the real thing on DVD from Amazon.

For dissenting viewpoints try

http://english.aljazeera.net/

if you're allowed to or maybe Russia today

http://rt.com/