Monday, May 28, 2012

Thanks to All Who Have Served in Our Armed Forces

MY DAD AND A FRIEND, CAMP FANNIN, TEXAS, 1943.  MY DAD'S ON THE LEFT.  LOOKS LIKE THE TWO WERE MAYBE TAKING A LAST FISHING TRIP BEFORE GOING OFF TO WAR. HE WAS 21 OR MAYBE 22 AT THIS TIME.  MADE IT THROUGH THE WAR AND ONLY PASSED AWAY A FEW YEARS BACK.  HE TAUGHT ME HOW TO FISH AND HUNT---THINGS I LEARNED WELL.  HE TAUGHT ME OTHER THINGS THAT HAVE TAKEN A LIFETIME TO LEARN.  THANKS DAD!   AND THANKS TO ALL THE MEN AND WOMEN OF THE ARMED FORCES WE HONOR ON THIS SPECIAL DAY.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

5 comments:

T.N.B.C. said...

Great picture Ron... My dad was a WWII vet as well... Lost him far too early in life, but he instilled the same love of hunting and fishing in all of his sons...

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

My Dad was on Iwo Jima ... Thanks Dad.

Kid said...

My Dad was in Europe. Infantry.

Just can't respect guys like your Dad and ours enough.

Sandee said...

My dad was in the infantry. He passed in the late 90s. He was my hero. What a nice tribute to your father. :)

MathewK said...

Here-here Ron, well said, we cannot thank them enough.