Thursday, June 13, 2013

Hymn no.365

A minister was completing a temperance sermon.... With great emphasis he said, 'If I had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river.'
 
With even greater emphasis he said, 'And if I had All the wine in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river.'
 
And then finally, shaking his fist in the air, he Said, 'And if I had all the whiskey in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river.' Sermon complete, he sat down...
 
The song leader stood very cautiously and announced With a smile, nearly laughing, 'For our closing song, Let us sing Hymn #365, 'Shall We Gather at the River.'
 
See you at the river!!
*********************************** 

SENATOR ROBERT BYRD SINGING RYE WHISKEY.  BEFORE COMING TO A POSITION OF LEADERSHIP IN THE NATIONAL DEMOCRATIC PARTY BYRD WAS THE TOP OFFICER(EXALTED CYCLOPS) IN A LOCAL KU KLUX KLAN CHAPTER IN WEST VIRGINIA.

2 comments:

Sandee said...

Love the joke and I'll meet you at the river.

He was the top officer in the KKK? Really now. If you're a dem that's okay? Must be.

Have a terrific day. ☺

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

See you at the river.