Thursday, March 10, 2011

The View

THIS AFTERNOON WHILE FISHING ON THE LAKE I OBSERVED TWO DUCKS FLYING OVER MY BOAT AND NOTICED AS THEY FADED INTO THE DISTANCE THEY SEEM TO BE GETTING CLOSER TOGETHER---I KNEW,OF COURSE THIS WAS NOT THE CASE, THAT IT WAS ONLY THE INCREASING DISTANCE BETWEEN THE DUCKS AND ME THAT GAVE THAT APPEARANCE. GRADUALLY THE TWO BECAME ONE AND THEN DISAPPEARED INTO THE EVENING SKY.  HAD THE REVERSE OCCURRED, THE TWO FLYING DIRECTLY TOWARD ME, INTO MY VERY FACE THE SAME THING WOULD HAVE OCCURRED UNTIL I COULD ONLY SEE THE FEATHERS ON THE ONE AND BE TOTALLY OBLIVIOUS TO THE OTHER. I SUPPOSE THERE IS A LESSON HERE, SOMEWHERE----IF WE ARE TOO CLOSE TO THE EVENTS SURROUNDING US WE ARE BLIND TO THE WHOLE AND IF WE ARE TOO FAR REMOVED THEN THE OBVIOUS IS OBSCURE.  "WHERE THE BIG MEETS THE SMALL YOU WILL FIND THE ANSWER TO IT ALL", MY GOOD FRIEND WHO ONCE SAID THIS HAS NOW LEFT THIS WORLD!  I DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER!!!!!!!

JUST MY THOUGHTS!  GIVE YOURS.

Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Sandee said...

Great analogy, but I don't know the answer either. I just know that things are crazy and things are getting crazier by the minute.

Have a terrific day. :)

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

That's too deep ... stick to fishing.

Teresa said...

Those are wise words, Ron! And, deep.

Have a great weekend!

Paul Champagne said...

You are making my head hurt ... I came here to laugh ... not think

Ouch

John Carey said...

Very wise words Ron. It kind of goes hand in hand with "You can't see the forest through the trees."

Ron Russell said...

The biggest fish are most often found in the deepest water!