Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pat on The Back

RECENTLY I RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM ONE OF MY OLD STUDENTS AND WILL PASS ALONG A EXERT FROM THAT MAIL (NAME WITH HELD).  FOR AN OLD MAN THESE THINGS MAKE ME FEEL GOOD!
"By the way, and I've told this story more than once, I attended Mississippi State University and one of my freshmen classes was U. S. history. There were over 60 students in the class. I thought it was an easy class. When I made a 100 on the first test it only reinforced my thoughts on how easy the course was. Then, the professor went into a rant about how disappointed he was with the results. Said he had two A's and most failed the test. So, he gave a retest which he would average with the first grade. I took the retest and made a 100 on it, too.
Moral of the story, Ronald Russell taught American history well. "
JUST A PAT ON THE BACK FOR THIS OLD MAN. I DON'T GET MANY THESE DAYS! I TAUGHT BERNELL OVER 40 YEARS AGO!
Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

Just goes to show you ... even old men need positive reinforcement too.

MathewK said...

Well done Ron.

Sandee said...

Congratulations! I would have loved to have been in your history class too. Just saying.

Have a terrific day. :)

Always On Watch said...

I get letters like this from time to time. They are so gratifying.