Monday, November 23, 2009

The American Right: Defenders of the Revolution

For far too long we have allowed the MSM and other so-called moderate groups in this country to define the political definitions of extremist both left and right and those definitions fly in the face of common sense and long established historical markers. It is time to set the record straight.
The American conservative is NOT an extremist, but rather the defender of the status quo. The defender of principles laid down by the founders in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. He is the modern day patriot who champions the values of the common man. He is often portrayed by those on the left as a radical extremist when nothing could be farther from the truth, for it is they who are the extremists. They are the ones seeking to overturn the principles of the first American patriots. It is they who are unpatriotic, because they are the ones fighting against the ideals of the early patriots.

Many say that all Americans are patriotic, but that is not true and has never been true. Just as there were many Americans who opposed the first patriots, there are many that oppose today's patriots and these unpatriotic Americans are found on the American left. The left in this country is seeking to overturn the American Revolution and therefore they can be rightly called counter-revolutionaries. They will a times, when challenged, wrap themselves in the flag and claim to be great patriots. This is a lie and goes against their very goal----the overturning of the Constitution as written.

There are times when I wear the badge of extremist proudly, such as on those occasions when
the term is hurled by those on the American left, but when the term is used by those supposedly in the main stream I recoil, for I know it is not I who is the extremist; but rather those who seek to radically change this country by overturning the principles laid down in the Constitution. True, the early patriots were extremist, but when the revolution was over and the victory won these patriots became the defenders of the new status quo. Today's patriots follow their lead by continuing to defend their hard fought gains and those who oppose today's patriots are the unpatriotic forces on the American left. And it is these people who seek to re-write or destroy the Constitution and when dealing with them there can be no retreat and certainly no compromise.
by Ron Russell

12 comments:

Snarky Basterd said...

Excellent post, Ron .... I wish I was as refrained as you sometimes, but playing the part of loony ranter with a viscous side seems to suit me too much.

Right Truth said...

I feel there is a movement, the Tea Parties, the Town Halls, the Conservatives flocking to Sarah Palin's book signings. As she said, it's not HER that they are attracted to, it is what she believes in, what she stands for, and they want MORE like her.

I'm hearing about litmus tests for Republicans before they can get funding. I'm all for this.

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

MathewK said...

Well said Ron, we also have to wear the labels of racism, homophobia and islamophobia.

Ron Russell said...

I'll wear those labels when they come from the left, because I know then I'm getting under there skin.

Anonymous said...

Great article, Ron. I have been reading Judge Napalitano's book, Constitution in Exile" and it has changed my perception of those running for office. I think we need to change the questions we ask of them. First and foremost, have them explain their understanding of the Constitution, the three branches, the check and balances. Those answers would be very telling. Obama would not get anyone's vote (except the left loons) if he had answers some really tough questions like that. And the RINO's can't play the "smaller government, lower taxes" dance anymore because the most important part of their job description is to protect the Constitution of the United States!

The Right Look said...

Most profound post Ron! Thanks for giving me a better understanding of myself and my patriotism. I could not have said it better myself.

I've often told me wife that if I could talk to anyone that has been on this earth besides Jesus it would be any one of the founders.

The thought process they used far out weighs any that we use today. And for the times in which they created this greatest of nations in, well, they had to be as daunting to them as some of the crap we have going on today. I think more so.

I'd especially want to talk to them about the 2nd Amendment. I know they would agree that it is truly my concealed carry permit. Sorry for going a bit off topic.

-j-
The Right Look

Ron Russell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ron Russell said...

I never had thought about it James, but meeting one of the founders would be great and as for which one I would choose Jefferson.

Unknown said...

It does get frustrating to see the people in the media call us extremists just because we oppose the president. We are just people who do not want to see America's foundation radically altered. If that make me an extremist I plead guilty.

Teresa said...

Excellent Post, Ron!! You hit the ball out of the ballpark!!

I am so proud to be called a right wing extremist by the far left, for that is how I know they despise this country and all of us who love this country. We conservatives are standing up and defending the constitution and the Founding Fathers who fought to make this country free. I am proud to be called a right wing extremist by the very people who lack even one miniscule amount of common sense in their body. Long live the common sense conservatives.

Anonymous said...

Exactly. What is extreme about remaining loyal to what distinguishes America from everywhere else? About what has made her the country she is?

LD Jackson said...

I agree, Ron. For much too long, conservatives have been portrayed as a bunch of off-the-wall extremists. We have been defined as such by the mainstream media and the very liberal Democrats but it is far from the truth. As you said, it is we who simply want to stand up for the Constitution. They want to trash it and start over.