Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Knocking at the Door

He is waiting, waiting for the knocking at the door. While all around him he feels a warmth, a feeling of security, a sense of being and the closeness of belonging. And yet he knows there is more, more than this so he waits patiently for the knocking at the door. Sounds, not to distant flood his world and he feels the outside through the inner darkness. A gentle softness flows over him and lulls him to sleep and he dreams, dreams of the knocking at the door. Suddenly he wakes, wakes to the knocking at the door. And in an instant the door is shattered and the warmth that surrounds him flows away and a alien claw grips him and the pain pierces his very being as he is pulled from his sheltered world. A brief blinding light flashes only for moment before a cold dark eternity settles over him.

Doctor A. Borson looks over the sheet at the young woman lying on his table and smiles as he says, "now that wasn't all that bad was it". She manages a slight smile and in a subdued voice says, "no". The doctor removes his bloody gloves as he stands and turns to the nurse asking, "how many more do we have today"? She replies, "four". "Good" he says as he walks out the door. The nurse then reaches to the pan on the floor and picks it up while placing her foot at the base of the container marked "Hazard: Medical Waste", pushing the small black pedal down the white top opens and she dumps in the lifeless mass of bone and tissue.

Just another day in the clinic. Just another day in the progressive world of modern day America. Just another baby thrown on the trash pile of a liberal ideology, one who will never know the love on the other side of that door. And in the waiting room of Dr A. Borson four more unsuspecting victims are waiting, waiting for "The Knocking at the Door"!

by Ron Russell

16 comments:

The Born Again American said...

Damn Ron!
That was powerful... I was ready for this be a witty adaptation of Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven"... I'm blown away...

Right Truth said...

That is powerful, and so very very sad. It's too bad that the pro-choice people do not see "life" when it is right in front of them.

This is murder.

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

(L) said...

Ron,

All I ca say is "Ditto" to what Bro said!

Teresa said...

Ron,
That was powerful and very sad. Our Lord must be crying every time an innocent baby is murdered.

I can't stand and it utterly disturbs me how liberals will defend a terrorist's rights to no end but condone and even encourage the murder of innocent unborn babies.

Dymphna said...

I posted on this subject, though it is interwoven with other kinds of destruction we're witnessing:

The Death of Walt Whitman's Dreams for America

We live in a dark time...

Dymphna said...

BTW, the only change for me in your story is that the unborn child does not go into eternal darkness...

...but that's just me.

Bloviating Zeppelin said...

It used to be that people bitched that "minority" babies were the most-aborted.

Now?

Caucasoid babies are the most aborted.

Anyone complaining about that?

Thought not. "Wouldn't be prudent."

BZ

Matt said...

Haunting. Just haunting. If one cannot be moved by that, they have no soul.

Unknown said...

Everyone seems to have had the same reacrion that I did. My first thought was "powerful" also.

LD Jackson said...

Wow, there isn't much to be said after this, Ron. Well done, my good man, well done.

MathewK said...

Thanks for that Ron, it's the vicious truth of leftist ideology.

One that's wholeheartedly supported by obama, and yet so many still supported him.

Dolley said...

Thanks Ron, truly powerful and compelling.

Samuel Gonzalez said...

Rom

That was really touching and oh so true. 50 milliom lives snuffed out just lie you described. I call it the "American Holocaust", and I'm waiting for some courages Republican to use that term is discussing Abortion instead of Woemn's Reproductive Rights.

Thanks for the link.

California Girl 85 said...

It hurts my heart and almost gives me physical pain to read "The Knocking at the Door." I am a mommy to a beautiful 11 week old baby and I just cannot fathom how anyone could do this to a child at any stage. I saw my baby's heart beating at six weeks on ultrasound. We tried for 3 1/2 years to have him and had given up, then we conceived naturally, by the grace of God. I'm in my 40's. We had been praying for him -- if it was God's will. Every part of the miracle of life, from natural conception to his development during all nine months was precious to me. To say that a baby is just an "it" or just a "pregnancy" or just "tissue" is simply insane and wrong. I was so saddened to learn, AFTER I joined the Presbyterian church, that the church is "pro-choice." My husband and I seriously thought about resigning our membership. How is it possible that the church's views could be so misguided???

Anonymous said...

Just reposted this on my blog
http://tinyurl.com/288nejn
well done, Ron.

Karen Howes said...

Ron, I followed the link you left to this on my blog-- fantastic, powerful post. Thank you!